Information and Influence in the Bioscience Industry
BioMedSA supports the bioscience industry through programming, informational seminars, and working groups that all facilitate collaborations or solve industry issues. Members also have opportunities to be involved in legislative advocacy for the life science industry. The Healthcare Think Tank and the Health Cell offer opportunities for networking at weekly and monthly meetings with invited speakers.
Life Science Industry Information
BioMedSA and our partners offer a wide range of information and educational programs as life science resources for the healthcare and bioscience industry.
Companies can sign up for the Coronavirus Hub to connect their capacities and resources with those that need them. This hub enables users to post requests for urgently needed items and announce the availability of supplies and capacity. The portal connects in real-time through customized and searchable postings.
Click here for a list of upcoming events.
Influencing Changes in Life Science
BioMedSA members help to improve the life science industry to resolve issues and optimize collaborations. Currently, BioMedSA has initiated a clinical trial task force to explore how the clinical trial sector can be optimized for collaborations and patient care. BioMedSA also brings the voices of our members and their issues to legislators and policy makers to enable our members to accelerate their work and improve patient care. We are part of a network of advocacy groups across the state of Texas and the nation pushing for change, including the Texas Healthcare and Bioscience Institute (THBI).
Clinical Trial Taskforce
Vision: Provide the most efficient, easy to implement, high quality, cutting edge and accessible clinical trial system in the country to advance the healthcare of our people
- To provide better patient care through the introduction of new innovations in our healthcare systems.
- To increase innovation in the planning and conducting of clinical trials.
- To increase workforce (jobs) trained and employed in clinical trial sector.
- To increase recruitment by improved awareness of patients, physicians, and researchers to clinical trials.
- To increase awareness of capabilities to affect successful trials (recruitment, enrollment, compliance, etc.)
- To increase the nationwide knowledge of San Antonio’s patient population
- To increase cost effectiveness and financial return to institutions/companies with clinical trial interests.