2024 Biofest Military Tours of San Antonio
Join us on Thursday, April 18th, the day after Biofest Invest, for a day-long exclusive tour, visiting several of San Antonio’s military health facilities.
The military health community is one of San Antonio’s brightest assets, known around the world. This tour is an opportunity to learn about all the amazing research and interact with researchers at our military health facilities around the city.
The goal of this tour is to assist in building new connections and collaboration opportunities between the military and the civilian sectors.
Don’t wait to register!
Space is extremely limited due to military security access restrictions. Once the tour is sold out there will not be another opportunity like this in the foreseeable future.
Tour Agenda on Thursday, April 18th:
- 8:00 – 8:30 am: Pick up at Estancia Del Norte Hotel (37 NE Loop 410 At McCullough, San Antonio, TX 78216)
- 9:00 am: Arrive at Brooke Army Medical Center
Brooke Army Medical Center overview briefing
Tour USAISR Burn Center
Tour Gait Lab at the Center for the Intrepid
Lunch available for purchase in the Brooke Army Medical Center Cafeteria
- 12:30 pm: Depart Brooke Army Medical Center
- 1:00 pm: Arrive at 59th Medical Wing at Lackland Air Force Base
Intro from Major General (Dr.) Thomas Harrell
Briefing of each department
Research programs at the 59th Medical Wing
- 4:00 pm: Depart Lackland Air Force Base
- 4:30 pm: Arrive back at the Estancia Del Norte Hotel